Artisana raw organic coconut butter
I don’t want to go just one day without this coconut butter. Primarily, we use it in our morning coffee instead of milk. We also blend it with water to create a “milk” or creamy base for smoothies, raw desserts, and morning cereal. We’ve tried several brands, and this one wins for taste and consistency. After buying too many 16oz jars for $13-$15 a pop – I found a deal on Amazon prime (free shipping), 8 lbs for $60. That’s $7.5 a lb! It lasts us about 3 months. That’s only $20 a month for the perfect “milk” like ingredient. Forget buying almond milk, soy milk, organic half and half.
Coconut Butter Recipes
Creamy coconut butter coffee latte
created Adam Crowe
(2 servings) approx calories per serving: ~150
- Prepare french press for 2 cups of coffee
- (Adam’s decocts filtered water with fresh grated chaga mushroom – see posts of chaga)
- Pour a small amount of hot coffee in each cup
- Add about 1 tablespoon of coconut butter with a teaspoon or so of maple syrup to each coffee cup
- Pour rest in the of coffee and stir well enjoy hot!
Coconut butter milk
- Mix 1 tablespoon coconut butter with one cup of cold water or less and some ice cubes and blend on high until uniform.
- Use in smoothie recipes, with granola, puffed cereal etc.
More to come!