What a name huh? The name lists the ingredients in order of quantity that make up this luscious cleansing juice. This carrot apple beet ginger juice is so satisfying.
Drinking fresh vegetable and fruit juices is a great way to deliver nutrients to your body. It is an ideal addition to your diet because these nutrients can be absorbed better and faster than if you were eating the vegetables and juices. However, juicing removes most of the beneficial fiber you would normally be consuming by eating, instead of drinking, the produce.
Many people have varying opinions on juicing. Especially, on juice cleanses. I personally have found short juice cleanses to be extremely effective. I did my first 3-day juice cleanse as a last resort to bronchial sickness. A urgent care clinician prescribed me a Z-Pak antibiotics, which were not effective. Desperate to a solution, a friend recommend a juice fast. The idea is that it delivers nutrients to your system fast while giving you digestive system (and your whole body) a break. This break from your digestive system is helpful because your body is able to route your resources towards fitting your illness. After 3 short days my sickness was gone.
Since then, I’ve done a few more juice fasts/cleanses. The longest fast I did was 10 days. At the end I felt brilliant, my mental fogginess was gone. I felt extreme emotional and mental clarity and had increased energy. This carrot apple ginger juice is a standby for me. Whether doing a short juice cleanse or just enjoying juice as part of my daily diet.
Equipment: decent juicer
Yield: almost 4 cups, 32 ounces.
- 10-15 large carrots (tops cut off)
- 3 small apples (cored, not peeled)
- ⅓ of a very large beet (size of an large orange), OR ½ of a medium beet (tennis ball), 1 whole small beet (peeling it give it a cleaner flavor)
- 1 inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- Wash all ingredients, Peel if needed
- Start with the carrots and juice until you get about 2 cups of juice
- Add the apples, and then the beet until you get a nice red pinkish color
- Add the ginger and juice a few more carrots until you get the desired amount of juice
- Taste and add more of the above adjust for any other flavors