Slow cooker vegan split pea soup is comforting to eat and simple to make. It only requires a few ingredients that you are likely to have on hand. If you prefer you don’t need to make this is a slow cooker. You can cook this on the stove in 1-1.5 hours as well. You just need to be sure you keep a watch on it so that the water doesn’t evaporate too quickly and burn the peas.
Recipe for vegan split pea soup in a slow cooker
Yield: 4-6 servings about 12 oz each
- 2 cups of green split peas
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1-2 medium potatoes (sliced into half moons)
- salt and pepper to taste
- bay leaf if you have it
1) Combine ingredients into large pot or crockpot
2) Add water, 2 inches above veggies
3) Soak for about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours on stove top or 6-8 hours on high in crockpot until the peas are very mushy and start to lose their shape.
4) Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.