This recipe gives buckwheat pancakes a the good reputation they deserve. I made them for Christmas morning for my sweetie and his parents. Although they were my first experimentation with buckwheat, ever, they came out really yummy and hearty. I made silver dollar sized pancakes, and everyone ate them until they were gone! Topped with a little bit of pure maple syrup from the Catskill Mountains in New York and a little bit of organic butter and they were delicious and filling. Next time I’ll try adding some mac nuts or berries.
Recipe for Buckwheat Banana Pancakes
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup organic white flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup milk (we use coconut butter blended with water to make a sort of coconut milk substitute)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1 tablespoon + pure maple syrup for in the pancakes plus more for eating after
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- sliced bananas
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Mix together the wet ingredients
- Add the wet to the dry and stir gently
- Then, heat coconut oil in a pan on medium to medium high when oil starts to get hot add the pancake batter.
- Add sliced bananas to the top of the pancakes
- Leave it until it starts to bubble and then flip over and cook for another 3 or so minutes
- Serve warm with butter, coconut oil and maple syrup.