I have made a lot of cookies in my life. I have also witnessed the reactions that cookies have on people. And I have been told by many friends, that these cookies, are “VERY good”. The banana in them is pronounced and the oatmeal is not. The texture is chewy, almost like a chocolate brownie cookie. Give them a try!!
Recipe for Chocolate Banana Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
Equipment: Oven and baking sheets
Yield: 15-24 cookies
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 and ¾ cups flour
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup raw organic extra rich cacao powder
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed/blended bananas
- Mix the dry ingredients in medium-large bowl (except for the mac nuts)
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas or blend with a hand mixer and measure 2 cups
- Mix in the beaten eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla to the bananas mixture
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients and mix well
- Then, fold in the chopped mac nuts
- Place the mixed dough in the freezer and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop 1 inch balls onto un-greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops of cookies look done (the color changes from light brown to darker brown)
- Chill on cookie sheet and enjoy!