Vegan Split Pea Soup
Slow cooker vegan split pea soup is comforting to eat and simple to make. It only requires a few ingredients that you are likely to have on hand. You can make it in a crockpot, regular pot or instapot. To beef up the nutritional content of this meal, I added sauteed greens and nutritional yeast as a garnish.
- 2 cups cups of green split peas
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1-2 medium potatoes (sliced into half moons)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients into large pot, crock pot/slow cooker or instapot
- Add water, 2 inches above veggies
- For stove top, bring to boil and simmer about 1.5 hours, monitering to make sure there is enough water.For crock pot cook on high for 6-8 hours on high until the peas are very mushy and start to lose their shape.For instapot, combine ingredients and put on manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!