These banana brownies are a marriage between my oat flour banana bread recipe and chewy chocolate brownies. Bananas are so abundant here on Hawaii Island. They are also extremely versatile and especially great with chocolate. This recipe features coconut oil, maple syrup, and oat flour instead of wheat, butter, and refined sugar. It uses organic cocoa powder instead of processed chocolate chips. These are a guilt free dessert. Eat em up! Use a little less oat flour if you’ like them to come out more gooey than cake like, try substituting a different flour if you’d like a smoother brownie mouth feel.
Banana Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup liquid coconut oil
- 3 cups mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 2/3 cups oat flour (ground oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- macadamia nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Oil 9 x 11 baking pan
- mash and measure bananas. I use a immersion (stick)
its done in 30 seconds. You can leave some chunks if you want the banana chunk vibe
- in a bowl combine all the ingredients starting with the liquid (oil, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, banana).
- Then add the dry ingredients (salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and oat flour)
- Mix well and pour into pan
- Top with optional chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool!
If you like this recipes try my….