This recipe for tomatoes with fresh basil and olive oil is like the Italian Caprese salad. But you don’t HAVE to add cheese to make it taste delicious. The most important thing is fresh tomatoes and high quality olive oil. Good salt is also a huge plus! This recipe is great to share with guests when there is an abundance of tomatoes. For more ideas for recipes with tomatoes and summer vegetables scroll to the bottom.
Recipe for tomatoes with fresh basil and olive oil
- 4-6 vine-ripened tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil (use high quality olive oil for best results.)
- Sea salt
- Fresh basil chopped
- Fresh mozzeralla (optional).
- Slice tomatoes and place on plate so that they are not overlapping
- Then, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Lastly, spread sea salt evenly and top with fresh basil and optional mozzerella.
Other summer vegetable ideas: