Since living in Spain, I have a tendency to enjoy my wine with fruit and my fruit with wine. This simple, delicious, refreshing beverage can be made with so many types of fruit. Sangria with tropical fruit is the best. For example you can add zingy citrus fruits and pineapple. Get more creative by adding things like surinam cherries, abui, lychees, longan, starfruit. The list is endless. You can turn a regular old sangria into a fruit and wine tasting treat!
Recipe for Sangria with tropical fruit
- 1-2 bottles red wine (Traditionally, this is done with inexpensive wines. However, I always recommend using wine made from organic grapes with out added sulfites.)
- a few shots of other fruit liquors or brandy to fortify the flavor a little
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (local)
- Pomelo or Jabong
- Surinam cherries
* the ratio of ingredients you choose will be learned as you make it more and more. Just strive for a good balance and adjust it to your personal tastes of sweet bitter and smooth.
- Cut fruit
- Add wine
- Add honey stir and let sit in the fridge until you can’t wait any longer.